Tuesday, April 3, 2007

welcome misfortune

down i fly for the iron city
It’ll definitely be over two hours that my mentor and I had to observe what other people in front of us were doing as we were standing in the cue for getting our boarding passes. And we had our luggage checked before we found a space to let our legs have a refuge. We were, however, happy that we finally were going to get on board the aircraft scheduled to take off at 11:39 a.m. but why would it be so smooth? There was an announcement minutes before we were hoping to be in the air: "US Airways Flight 4635 has been cancelled." I truly felt I would fall on the ground anytime, but my mentor would not let me do so. He is smart enough to work out an alternative quickly, and succeeded: we decided to hire a car and drive all the way to Pittsburgh. After getting our luggages back half an hour later, we started for Pittsburgh, and had dinner with Greg's family in the downtown of the steel city. All the way to Pittsburgh, I just felt it is a beautiful country, and was never tired to mention it. I am sure you're not thinking that I forgot to click a few hundred times. It’s fun.

No comments: